Thursday, September 18, 2008

KLCI at two-year low


What a disaster? KLCI dropped almost 40 points at noon, what a roller coaster ride from historical high of 1500 points just at beginning of the year to such a dismal stage now. I lost almost 70% of my investment which I initiated about a year ago. Such is the way of life I suppose, expectation and result seem never agree with each other.

Last night I re-read a bit of Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham, a book that I bought quite sometime ago. Although the book was written many decades ago, the principles are still very relevant. As Graham said, investment is not only buying stocks and expects it to raise fast. Investment should involve very detailed analysis to find out the stocks that are cheaper than their intrinsic values to give a comfortable margin of safety. Buying good stocks and keep them for long terms and disregarding their fluctuations in prices should be the proper way of investment.
I guess I have to wait for a long long time before I can recover my initial capital.

No comments: