Sunday, October 26, 2008

A live stunt on the road

While on my way to Banting yesterday to attend my boss' open house, I witnessed a horrible motorcycle accident. I was awaiting at a traffic light at a cross road to turn right towards North-South highway. As the light turned green, I turned right, a kancil was at my back but the car responded very slowly.

As I was turning, I saw a motorcycle speeding from 12 0'clock directions where all vehicles were supposed to stop for a red light. I wonder whether the dare devil rider wanted to commit suicide or he was a colour blind. He disobeyed the red light and sped through, and collided head-on with the slow moving kancil.

I suppose I was dammed lucky as I went past faster, otherwise It could have been me that was hit by the motorcycle. I could see the rider flew airborne like a stuntman from my back mirror. I think the rider must have been seriously injured or could have been dead. I didn't stop, as there was no place for me to do so. While my wife and I stopped at a nearby food stall to have some light meal before going to the open house, we heard the siren of an ambulance rushing towards the direction where the accident took place

There are so many die hard motorcyclists and mat rempit on the road, sometime even we are careful but could still end up in an accident as there are so many irresponsible drivers who simply do not obey traffic rules.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is what usually happens,we always think that nothing will happen to us when you challenge or breach the traffice, in our daily drive experience,i have lost counts how times motorcyclist beat the red light and break other traffic rules, and they think it is ok