Monday, September 13, 2010

Grandma slaughtering chicken

When I was a small kid living in a small town Arau the only thing I hated so much during festive season was too see how my grandma slaughtered a chicken. She would slit the chicken’s neck, then dropped the chicken at the side of our well and the chicken would then be reflectively jumping up and down, flapping its wings and making hell lot of suffering noise. Fortunately my grandma didn’t just chop off the head or otherwise it will be a nightmare seeing the chicken running around with their heads cut off. It would take quite some time before the blood was drained out completely before grandma started to pluck the chicken.

The scene was so bloody that come to think of it, I really salute my grandma for her bravery to slaughter the chicken. I can get fainted if I see too much of blood, so when grandma asked me to catch a chicken for slaughtering, I always ended up running away from her rather than helping her catching chicken.

Nowadays, some psychotic people are simply killing people as though they are slaughtering chicken. When the news of the millionaire businesswoman and her companions were brutally murdered and theirs remains burnt into ashes, I wonder what had happened to our society and why are there so many psychotics around us, murdering people simply because of business rivalry. Worst still, a reputable lawyer in Banting who has a Datuk title was among the suspects arrested.

Remember some days ago the de-facto law minister’s call to abolish death penalty and saying that it was wrong to take someone’s life? Well, he may just have to think over it again.

No comments: