Monday, October 4, 2010

Age is catching up...


Celebrated my wife birthday a couple of day ago and mine will also be around the corner. We bought RM 75 a piece birthday cake from Secret Recipe and it was the most expensive cake we had bought so far and there is still half of it lying in the refrigerator. I don’t celebrate birthday as to me getting older is not something good to be celebrated.

But like it or not, time flies and we often didn’t realize it until there are some signs. Yesterday while having my eye sight checked, the optometrist asked me whether I’m having any difficulty in reading and I said no. He said I have the farsightedness as well apart from my normal nearsightedness. I said come-on, I’m not even 40 years old yet and farsightedness, is it possible? The optometrist snubbed, raised his eyebrows and smiling to me as though he was telling me to come to the painful reality of getting older.

A couple of months ago I felt the knee pain when I was jogging with my wife. It had never happened before but I know that it will happen someday. I know that I could be seriously short of Ca as I’m allergic to milk and as a heavy coffee drinker, all the Ca required for bone will be draining out fast. Knee pain is quite new to me but my teeth are rotting faster than ever. Worst still, I could hear the scratching sound when doing squatting or kneeling and that’s horrible. I went to the pharmacy and was recommended to take some supplements of Glucosamine. Like it or not I have to take it as I don’t want to be affected by joint pain when I’m going on tour to Kunming, China next month.

Like it or not, age is catching up and that’s a reality of life that everyone will have to go through.

No comments: