Friday, December 24, 2010

A lot of people cheating...

While queuing at Marry Brown to take away some fried chicken for dinner last night one Malay gentleman cheekily asked me what happened to Sime Darby nowadays and how could there be so many cheating cases. At first I didn’t realize how could this gentleman know that I’m working for Sime, I paused for a moment then I realized that it was the T-shirt that I wore bearing the red Sime Darby logo.

I told the gentleman that it was nothing to do with us a.i, I’m attached to Plantation Division while the huge losses were incurred in other division. The gentleman seemed a bit dissatisfied with my answer and continued commenting that some top people were too greedy and cheated the company and unfortunately their greed not only tarnishing the image of the company but seriously affecting its financial health.

I was a bit reluctant to say yes or not as I didn’t have a clue of the background of that elderly Malay gentleman but found a bit impolite if I kept mum and say nothing. So, I told him that this sort of things happen very often in GLCs, Sime is not the first one and certainly not going to be the last one. I continued to say that all these CEOs or top people were actually appointed by the government and if these gung-ho elites failed to steer the companies to success, or the other way round, driving the company into the drain, then those who appointed them should also be held responsible.

I then smiled broadly to that chap, taking my 3-piece fried chicken and some salads and fries, walked out from the Marry Brown and drove to Commuter station to fetch my wife.

Somehow when a few fellas are committing some offences, people will take it as though the whole company is involved. I guess that’s how it goes, as most of us always perceive that policemen are all corrupted but in actual fact, it could be a few drops of black ink that polluted a bow of water.

No comments: