Thursday, October 6, 2011

Great loss to Apple fans


As usual, I drove along the winding road of Jalan Labu this morning, switched on the radio while I was stopping at a traffic light in front of a primary school, and it was the time I heard the sad news of Steve Jobs’ death. I must confess that I do not own any of his products, but remain the admirer of his brilliant innovations and inventions such as iPhones, iPad and Mac computers. To me, the Apple products are too pricey as compared to those cheaper alternatives from Taiwan. I use Acer notebooks, HTC phones and these things serve me well. I like iPhones and Mac, but they are too luxurious for my need.

Bill Gates released a statement in relation to Steve Jobs’ death; "I'm truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs' death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work. Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives. The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come. For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it's been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely.

Steve Jobs was a genius no doubt, but many people were also highly critical of his aggressive and demanding personality and also temperamental style. Perhaps it was his perfectionist attitude that was instrumental in churning out one after another surprise of his it gadgets that have millions and millions of followers around the world. It takes a genius to compliment another genius and as what Bill Gates put it, the world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had and his demise at such an early year of his life will be a great loss to the countless fans of Apple.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve RIP

Carmen said...

without a doubt, Steve revolutionized the it industry and contributed enormously by bringing the personal computer to a household level. RIP, Steve.