Friday, July 11, 2008

ISA Detainee and His Dying Daughter

It was sad indeed reading on the news of a ISA detainee who could not make it on time to see his dying daughter just because of delaying of getting the signature of home minister. I remember reading the sad story of Said Zahari who was detained under Lee Kuaw Lee administration due to the allegation of his involvement in the communist movement.


I read Said Zahari political memoir with a deep heart, many years ago.I have no idea who this man was until I met him on the launching of his political memoir at Kinokuniya in KLCC. I bought his book and had his signature on it which wrote "happy reading". Pak Said, how could I be happy reading a sad story of a courage man being crucified by Lee Kuaw Yew administration for political reasons.


And after so many years later, we still heard about the sad story of people being detained without trials under ISA.




No comments: