Monday, July 7, 2008

Work,Work,Work........


My job requires me to travel a lot. Mostly to plantations or estates located in remote areas in Sabah, Sarawak and Indonesia. My wife always complains that we hardly spent time together due to the nature of my job that require me to travel frequently. What to do? That's my job.

Like it or not, everyone need to earn his or her living. Like everyone else , I have to work hard for a living. Life is especially tough nowadays, everything seems so expensive. To own a car is so expensive, to buy a house is even more expensive.


I have friends who are working in Indonesia that always suggesting me to work in Indonesia to earn more money. There are plentiful of jobs available there as oil palm industry is growing so rapidly. I was told that Indonesia companies would pay double or triple our pay over here to attract more expertise.


I remember my former boss used to tell me that life is a package, our job is just part of it. Come to think of it, would it really worth it to stay far away from your family to earn extra money? Would it be better to earn decently but with your family around you? I suppose that is individual choice.

No comments: