Monday, February 1, 2010

Teh tarik again?

Teh tarik is not my favourite as I hate milk. Ever seen I grown up, I don’t take milk or for that matter, anything contains milk. I think I’m allergy to milk products, or what the medical experts call it lactose intolerance. I remember when I was in the primary school when the school was giving free milk, I would ensure my younger brother queuing just behind me so that I could let him take mine. Sometimes when the teachers were around, I got no choice but to hold my own nose and drink the milk, more often than not, throwing out the milk I just drank and all other stuff in my stomach. Can’t help it, I was borne like that.

But this teh tarik I’m talking about is a term used by our company referring to a light meeting up with employees especially executives and our bosses such as managing director or director for R&D department and so on. They call it a teh tarik session probably it is intended to be less official and more of a casual meeting for executive within a same department to share their insights of certain issues or updates on certain development in the company or just for the bosses to give their words of encouragement and so on.

I normally will attend the teh tarik session if I’m not going out station. At least I can get some firsthand information from the bosses be it good or otherwise, but this time around, they put it just before the Chinese New Year on 12 February, 2010. It looks like I’m going to give it a miss to avoid horrible traffic jam to my balik kampong trip.

No comments: