Monday, February 1, 2010

Toyota/Honda recalls

I drive a Kia Rio. A Korean hatchback that not many people are having as it is not popular as compared to its Japanese rivals such as Toyota and Honda. One of my wife’s friend always teases that those buy Korean cars are people envy of a foreign made but cannot actually afford a Japanese, American or European car. I couldn’t be careless about what other are thinking on me driving a small car. I like small car actually as I don’t believe in paying high taxes to the Government just to be a sucker pretending to be rich. If you browse through the internet and do some surveying on the car prices around the world, you will come to the painful fact that we are the suckers paying high taxes to own foreign cars.

I’m very happy with my little Kia Rio, a fully imported car which I bought in 2006 and 4 years have gone and this little car is still serving me well, as peppy as when I first drove it. The car came with an AP and it was stated in the AP that the cost of the car was RM 25,000 and I actually paid RM 68,000 for that small little car which only costs about one third of the price in Korea. What the fcuk, I was cursing and swearing when I saw the price of the car stated on the AP. Probably one third of the price goes to the AP holder and another one third goes to the government. And why we need the bloody APs?

Never mind the small car, as long as no major problem. Sometimes I’m just too good in consoling myself for not being able to drive a fancier car like all my friends are doing. Just look at the all the while reliable Toyota and Honda are also giving a lot of problems of late. Toyota is recalling a few models in US due to a fatal accident arising from a faulty accelerator while Honda is struggling with recalls on its Fit/Jazz worldwide. Well you may say that I’m a sour grape but I’m just not believing in paying high installments every months just to let people believe that you can afford a big car. Or even if you could afford one, are you willing to let the government suck your bloods by paying exorbitant taxes?

Last night my wife jokingly asked me to do a simple test pertaining to the sex addict behavior as she discovered the test shown on the newspaper. I just told her that I have no capability both monetarily and charismatically to be like the rank of Tiger Wood and John Terry so she could stop worrying too much about that. She nodded in agreement after having a glance on me and then she continued saying that man will start get itchy when they have money. Probably yes, I will likely start to think about a big car once I’m richer and a bit more itchier.

No comments: