Thursday, January 13, 2011

好的不灵,坏的灵

Whenever I read newspaper early in the morning, I always glance through the horoscope for the day and believe it or not, these predictions are sometimes quite accurate. Last Friday, my horoscope said that there would be a leak, but fortunately it won’t affect me in any way.

After reading the horoscope, I just laughed it off as usual. When traveling back from work that evening, I heard a strange noise coming out from the bonnet of my car, it sounded as though some thing was leaking. At first I thought that it was air con gas leaking but when the temperature went up high, I stopped my car at the road side and it was indeed due to the leakage of one of the radiator hose.

I then drove my car to a small work shop at Labu and the foreman confirmed that it was a leak and dismantled the hose just to find out that he did not have any similar one to replace my leaked hose. It was already passed 7 pm at the time and there is no way to get a replacement from any nearby shops. So this nice guy used a roll of adhesive tape to fix up the leakage so that I could drive home safe. I ask him how much and he didn’t intend to charge me as he said that he did not fix up my problem. I paid him RM 20 and drove back home after thanking this bold mechanic many times.

As I reached home, taking bath and having dinner with my wife, I recalled the horoscope that I read that morning; “there will be a leak but it won’t affect you in any way”. Shit, there really was a leak as predicted, and it wasted me a few hours at a small workshop at a small town Labu.

The following day, again when I read newspaper early in the morning I checked my horoscope and I was so delighted when my horoscope said that a small win is possible. After accurately predicting the leaking incident, I thought that the “winning” prediction must be accurate as well and I went to the 4-D outlet and put up a bet, a big one indeed.

The following day, after checking the winning numbers in the newspaper, the number that I bought didn’t even come close, I laughed at myself and then remember my wife always says 好的不灵,坏的灵, meaning good forecast will never materialize but only bad one will.

Damn it.

No comments: