Friday, April 1, 2011

Royal town flooded again...just after 5 months

A fortnight ago my father rang me up asking whether I will be able to go back to Arau for Cheng Beng. I wasn’t sure at that point as there were some jobs at hand to meet the dateline but a week ago I told him that I will be going back as the workload eased slightly. Two days ago my dad rang me up again and this time around, he told me not to go back as it has been pouring days and nights resulting in severe floods occurring in some parts of my home town, the royal town Arau, where the palace of Perlis is located.

My dad told me that some of his friends were unable to Cheng Beng over the past week due to poor weather and some of them had been visiting the graves for a few times just to pack up the ceremonial stuff and went back home due to sudden rains. Well, it looks like not only living people are affected by rains but our deceased loved ones, who supposedly lying down there peacefully are also feeling the effect of La Nina.

A merely after 5 months after I wrote about my home town, the Royal town Arau affected by severe floods, quite a number of people in Arau and Kangar have to be evacuated again this time around as the authority have to release the water at the dams in worrying of over-flowing. It is even worst in Southern Thailand where the government have to use helicopters and aircraft carrier to evacuate stranded tourists at a few population vacation spots.

The weather has gone haywire and those living in low-lying areas have to endure the constant fear of floods during raining seasons. And for those farmers who suffer huge losses due to crop damage, only god knows why are they have to suffer from such predicament.

No comments: