Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beautiful sunrise at Cherating






I never know that mosquito can be so notorious as most of the time this irritating insect is keen on my wife than me. In the night when my wife was complaining on mosquito’s bites, I wasn’t normally disturbed by any. Perhaps her blood is sweeter or rather mine sour. During the course of work when I was visiting the estates and staying in the less than ideal estate rest house or staying in the manager’s bungalow, I seldom facing the disturbance of mosquito.

I only came to know the notoriety of these blood suckers when I was attentively waiting for sunrise at 6.45 a.m at Cherating beach last Wednesday.Having missed so many opportunities to watch a sunrise from the East Coast beach, I rang up the receptionist at the hotel and a nice lady told me that I could expect to see a beautiful sunrise at around 6.45 a.m, and I went to bed early that night to wake up early the following morning. Standing in solitary at the beach exactly at 6.45 a.m, I found that there was no body else as it was a low peak period, no visitors would come at this time. It was still dark then and I was standing there alone, enjoying the serenity of the nice melody churned out by the waves.

15 minutes passed and the sun refused to rise and I can’t remember for that period how many mosquitoes exactly were biting me. And it seemed that those mosquitoes at the beach were even more menacing than those in our living areas. The bites were more painful and the itchiness terrible, simply unbearable. As I was busy chasing away the bloody blood suckers, the first ray of light appeared at about 7.10 a.m and instantly it painted the sky on the East pinkish red, just like the beautiful cheek of a shy little girl, and it was such a scenic view that it soothed the irritation caused by the mosquitoes.

I left the beach at about 7.30 a.m only to find out when I was taking bath that there were 30 over mosquito bites on my legs.

No comments: