Wednesday, December 31, 2008

No Calendar? Hello, It is 2009

In the past, I would have received plentiful of calendars and diaries before the year end. Worst still, I would normally find out that some of the past year dairies were still not being used when I was doing year-end cleaning work in my office. This year, I have yet to get one diary or calendar as at the last day of 2008. What exactly happen? I really don't know. Is it that bad coming into 2009?

I talked to some of my friends of late and there seemed to be too much of pessimism coming into 2009. Stock market is bad, business is bad, everything else seems to be bad. There is no one with optimism, everyone is saying that next year will only get worse.

Well, good or bad, life must go on. Worse come to worse, tie up your belt, cut your expenditure, save more money, and let see what will happen. Perhaps this is a good time to give us a wake up call. Look, maybe we have overspent in the past, or maybe we are over-dependent on credit cards or maybe we don't really need a new car or new house anyway, the old one is still in good condition just that it may look a bit old. Perhaps we should cut down on smoking, beer session, buying 4-D. Or maybe it is a time for us to realise that we are not so forcible and not that resilient anyway.

If winter comes, can spring be far behind? I really hope that we can see some light at the end of tunnel. But if next year is indeed a tough one, I wish all my friends to be blessed with good health so that they can be strong enough to fight the worse ever financial tsunami. No free diary or calendar never mind, I'm going to buy one for myself tomorrow.

No comments: