Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Shy Dog

2008 is ending fast and 2009 is coming soon. Frankly, I don't really feel the excitement of celebrating a new year. Getting older it is, but am I getting wiser, healthier, richer, stronger? I can't really feel any optimism as the newspapers only reporting negative news on economy downturn, big corporations going into bankruptcy, retrenchment, increasing crime rates. All these bad news don't make you a happy man isn't it.

Of late, the crime rates in my neighbourhood seem to be increasing at an alarming pace. A taman close to the place I stay is facing the problems of break-ins, vehicles got stolen almost everyday. My neighbour decided to rear a dog to protect his house in view of the increased incidents of break-ins. Good idea, I hope that the dog will protect my house as well because I often go out-station. That bloody dog however, was not well trained. It is less than a year and will bark on any damn things approaching its house. The worst thing is that the dog seems to like my house very much and always try its level best to sneak into my house and leave its marks here (shit on my small garden & urine on my car tyre).

I notice that the dog will bark every single morning at around 7 am. At first I thought that it could be barking on the newspaper guy. Then later I notice that it was not the case. The dog is barking as my neighbour is leaving his house for work. It seems that idiot is feeling nervous staying home alone and thus pleading its owner to bring him along.

Nowadays, even dogs can not be entrusted to protect your home, they are simply too tame to do the job.

No comments: